During Open Studio today we were talking about the collaboration and things we had realised since we began in February.
- Documenting musical composition is different to visual arts and perhaps unnecessary because of the nature of the process
- There is a link between visual language, threads and intentions from artist statement, lyrics, colour and sound
- Rebecca had taken elements of the way that Alexa works, such as refinement and creating multiple works at once rather than working chronologically
- Parallel working works best
- Call and response – responding to each other rather than illustrating
- Rebecca needs to think about ontology – acoustic v. orchestrated
- Time – collaboration needs nurturing
- Presentation of paper based works needs consideration
- Extracting work for pop up exhibitions – how does this sit alongside our collaboration?
- Allows a wider audience to engage with the visual work/music
- Do we want a book or zine as one of the outcomes?
- Is there a relationship between visual and sound waves? – linking with lines